Monday, July 29, 2013

Too Hot to Cook! Sang Kee Noodle House

Too Hot to Cook, Episode Two: Sang Kee Noodle House

Moving on down the road from Han Dynasty, let's visit the Sang Kee Noodle House!
Sang Kee is another suburban off-shoot of it's Philadelphia parents and it is more than welcome on this side of the river!
Sang Kee Noodle House in Cherry Hill, NJ. 

Right down the road from the Saw Mill Village, Sang Kee is cozily snuggled in yet another NJ plaza off of Kings Highway...Premier Plaza!  SK is conveniently located next door to Lab Corp, where you can experience the bracing speed of the STD Test Express while you wait for your take out!
Or not.
(Don't ask, it's what came up when I googled the address looking for the name of the plaza...then I just ended up going over there to photograph it anyway :-)


Premier Plaza, for all your Plaza needs.

Anyway, I haven't ordered from there in a while, but the Tofu in Crunchy Lettuce Wraps was really good the last time I had them, but I ate them before I could photograph them!

I do have a picture of the Needle Noodles:
Needle Noodles (made vegan on request).

The noodles were perfect, toothsome and chewy and the veggies were fresh.  However, the vegan version of this dish was kind of bland.  I think they were afraid to flavor it because sometimes folks get confused about things like soy sauce or basic flavorings thinking they aren't vegan.  This, however, is a problem easily solved.  I just added some tamari and sesame oil at home.  All better.

There are other veggie options on the menu including Vegetarian General Tao's "Chicken" and a Mock Duck dish (both are vegetarian as they contain eggs in the breading), and other entrees I haven't asked about that look like they may be vegan.  Anyway, they will do vegan versions of dishes like the Needle Noodles upon request (or at least they did for me), so request away!

I definitely want to try some more dishes and get that Tofu in Crunchy Lettuce Wraps again, but SK still earns four stars for now for their vegan versions.  Good job, SK!

Sang Kee Noodle House
****
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up on Too Hot to Cook, The Pop Shop in Collingswood!




No comments:

Post a Comment