Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sweet Chili Tofu, Korean Fresh Noodles and Betty Goes Vegan!

I made Joni's Sweet Chili Tofu tonight (but I pan fried it on my cast iron pan vs. grilling it) over Korean Fresh Noodles from my Asian Market haul with Broccoli and an Easy Asian Dressing.  This was an unbelievably delicious dish!

That tofu! Those noodles! That broccoli! OMG.

Marinating the tofu (it was already pressed in my TofuXPress) in the Sweet Chili Sauce: 

Pan Frying the tofu in one of my cast iron pans (the crepe pan, actually!). 

Served over Korean Fresh Noodles with Easy Asian Sauce, garnished with Scallions and Sesame Seeds 
My Easy Asian Sauce is EASY! 

This was one of my favorite Asian Noodle and Tofu dishes ever.  OMG.

And for those of you who know and love Annie and Dan Shannon and their Betty Crocker Project, their book came out yesterday (I received it yesterday because I had pre-ordered it on amazon months ago) and they were even on The Today Show! 
 There are so many amazing recipes in there, I don't know where to start, though I think Salted Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies is a good place!  Or maybe Inside-Out Peanut Butter Cup Whoopie Pies!  I may have just bought a heart-shaped whoopie pie pan, you know, for Valentine's Day Whoopie (Pies) :-)

XOXO!


2 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to hearing more about this "Betty Goes Vegan" cookbook! It seems like a really good gift for a new vegan or someone who thinks that vegan can't be decadent and homestyle. I really wanna order it for my best friend who is a creative mom of two who lives out in the country. I am a bit worried that reviewers say many of the recipes rely on things like Daiya or Gardein (or similar), since my working mom best-pal doesn't have the budget for those things. What say ye, friend?

    Oh, and what a cute whoopie pie pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my review on amazon! :-) I'm not sure if this link will get you to it, but if not, you can just scroll down the reviews until you find mine. It's a 5-Star one titled, "A Treasure in Green Gingham!" :-)

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1I4GZ5GDFON7T/ref=cm_pdp_rev_title_1?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#RO4013JPO0ZUD

      Delete