Friday, January 27, 2012

Pepperoni & Meatball Stromboli

Holy Stromboli!
Home Made Almost Everything: Organic Bucket Dough, Vegan Pepperoni, Grandma Margie's "Meat"balls, Marinara and Daiya Mozzarella

Oh MAN.  I've been on a roll (haha) with making this "five minute" bread, so I had some in my fridge tonight from my second batch. 


AND, I HAD to have vegan pepperoni last night, so after getting so many lovely recipe suggestions for it from my friends on FB (thanks, guys!) I made a batch, and here it is:
I could have cut it much thinner, but I was hungry! It was stupendous.  I used sort of a combo of recipes, but check out Vegan Dad's Pepperoni recipe for a good approximation.  I have like six other recipes from my friends to try for vegan pepperoni, so I'm psyched!! 

So, vegan pepperoni, fresh bread dough, leftover GM's meatballs, marinara and Daiya mozz? Yeah, that equaled stromboli to me.

 Me, photographing the stromboli rising in the oven.


 Baked Stromboli. 

Sliced Stromboli. 

I used the stromboli recipe in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day and just filled it with my custom, vegan filling.  It's so much fun to have access to fresh bread in your fridge!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely AMAZING! I must try this soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! Unfortunately, I ate half of it in one sitting :-)

      Also, you can use any filling or sauce you have on hand, of course! If you have the dough in the fridge and some fillings ready to go in, it's breezy.

      I love that bucket dough!

      XOXO

      Delete