Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dessert First: A Vegan Chocolate Chip Tasting and Video!

And, really, what's wrong with starting with dessert, first?

A Vegan Chocolate Chip Tasting (all brands are semi-sweet):
Three Store Brands: Whole Foods 365, Wegmans and Trader Joe's.
Two National Brands: Ghirardelli and Enjoy Life (Mega Chunks!).

So, what did we think?

Here's my very first Vegan Fazool Video, starring my highly discerning son :-) and ever thorough husband...

What will they like??

And here is the feedback from the tasters in my class, who, for the most part, agreed with my family.

#1. Whole Foods 365: (Zero!) favorite votes, and no one liked it.  
(Sorry, WF! Chin up!)
#2. Wegmans: (1) fave vote from class, everyone agreed they really liked it, and it was my personal favorite=(2) fave votes.  A great overall chip.
#3. Ghirardelli: (2) fave votes from class, tied for 1st for my hubs=(2.5) fave votes.  Creamy, a bit bittersweet and with a rich, vanilla taste. YUM.
#4. Enjoy Life Mega Chunks: (1) fave vote from class, but mixed reviews overall.
#5. Trader Joe's: (3) fave votes from class, positive reviews overall.

Remember, this was an uncooked, straight-from-the-bag chocolate chip tasting.  
It would be interesting to see how all the chips might fare when baked into cookies, now wouldn't it?  

What's your favorite vegan chocolate chip?




2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I love it! I really enjoy the commentary by your son. He was too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vic! Yeah, I think he may have a future in YouTube vids! We are thinking of doing another one this weekend :-)

      Delete