Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm Up a Tree!


 A whopper of a box!  I needed a little help from John Barleycorn to deal with her. 

 Hansel's finger!

 Hansel.

 CSA Week #20 (10/10/12):  
Frying peppers (2), Slicing Tomatoes (4), Heirlooms (3), Grapes (1 pint), Spring mix (in sink), Arugula (in sink), Cabbage, Celeriac, Bok Choy, Endive, Cilantro, Parsley, Dill, Fennel,  Butternut Squash and Swiss chard.  
 I'm in a heap o' trouble now!

 Celeriac, Daikon Radish, Giant Heirloom.


 Kraut if the old man'll have it.

 Fennel 
The Sink Side.

I'm bout ready to kick up a row.  

I need to dispatch with the whole kit and kaboodle! Let the yammerin' start! Show The Sheriff you got more under your hat than hair, ya' hear?

Homesteadin' it October 1st through October 31st, 2012

8 comments:

  1. When will it end???
    Love little Hansel's creepy finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he's not into kraut, cook the cabbage down and smother it! So good.
    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes the end product, it's the bubblin' and a boilin' of the fermentin' process he's not too fond of...

      Delete
  3. The box itself is so darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness.

    Dawn.

    You're got yer werk cut out for ya!

    I'm in a similar boat. Last week was so busy I haven't cooked anything from my CSA. I have one of those gigantic $2000 Kitchenaid fridges (not mine; we're in a rental) and it is COMPLETELY FULL of produce. Sigh. Tomorrow? Sigh.

    adrienne at http://cracktheplates.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need to get yourself a gun!

      And them greens is supposed to be cooked within a day or two of harvest, oh mercy!

      Delete